Sales-driven marketer and ecommerce expert who solves the top challenges for growth seeking companies.
Strategic and creative thinker, exceptionally deep set of hands-on technical skills, highly organized, an eye for detail. 25+ year track record of success in hi-tech, software, consumer, B2B, design, and construction industries.
Specialties: Driving business turnarounds, energizing stagnant marketing, launching new brands/products and, most importantly — growing sales.
- Customer Acquisition
- Website Design, Production
- Integrated Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Social Marketing
- Email Marketing
- All things Google
- All things WordPress
- Brand Development
- Copywriting & Art Direction
- Channel Marketing
- Inside Sales
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- P&L Management
GigWorker (Independent Contractor) | Fort Worth, TX & Sonoma, CA | 2008-Present
Hired as Marketing, Sales and Ecommerce leader to drive business turnarounds, energize stagnant marketing, launch new brands/products and, most importantly — grow sales. Most gigs were multi-month projects with SF North Bay businesses such as:
- YardPods | San Rafael | 2008-2020
- UVARA | Novato | 2017-2019
- Sonoma Plaza Visitor’s Guide | 2005-2019
- Tumbleweed Tiny House Co. | 2016-2017
- Techevate | San Rafael | 2015-2018
- Office Playground | Petaluma | 2016
- Optrix | San Rafael | 2013
- MarketLive | Petaluma | 2012
- World Trade Press | Petaluma | 2011
- Forces of Nature | Sonoma | 2010-2011
Houseplans.com | Novato, CA | 2003-2008
Founder, CEO, President
- Founded and grew Houseplans.com into a leading online provider of stock house plans in North America. Business sold in 2007.
- Using low-cost SEO/SEM techniques, catapulted Houseplans.com to the #1 search engine position on Google, Yahoo and MSN.
- Drove sales from $80K to $500K per month in less than 12 months and cut the cost of customer acquisition by 50% without increasing operating expenses.
- Developed innovative private-label affiliate sales channel that resulted in increased sales without increased website traffic generation expenses.
- Designed and implemented an extranet to enable self-service features to the 165 architects and home designers that lowered operating costs and improved customer service.
- Designed and implemented the industry leading online Cost-to-Build service that produced a new significant revenue source with a 90% margin.
- Built a low cost, highly efficient call center that handled 60% of revenue and offered high quality consultative house plan advice to customers.
IMSI Design | Novato, CA | 2003-2005
VP of Direct Marketing & Online Sales
- Grew sales 4X during first quarter of employment.
- Vision, implementation and management of direct-to-consumer Internet marketing and sales.
- Designed, produced and operated Turbocad.com and other online properties.
- Developed and operated a wide range of Internet marketing programs including email advertising, online media advertising, affiliates and ad space sales.
- Developed best practices for customer service, distribution, privacy and FTC compliance.
Intuit | Construction Business Solutions, Santa Rosa, CA | 2001-2003
VP of Online & Marketing
Mattel Interactive aka The Learning Company | Novato, CA | 1998-2000
VP of Internet Commerce
Autodesk | San Rafael, CA | 1988-1996
Director of Marketing Operations
VP Marketing & Sales for subsidiary Generic Software
CADtrak | Sunnyvale, CA | 1986-1988
Director of Marketing
GE Calma | Sunnyvale, CA | 1981-1986
Marketing Communications Manager
PG&E | San Francisco, CA | 1976-1981
Design & Construction Engineer
BS, Civil Engineering
Registered Professional Engineer, CA
Licensed Land Surveyor, CA